Join our unique community.
Join our community of student-athletes and alumni pursuing their passion for and excellence in skiing, academics and life. We look for a variety of attributes in an applicant. We seek students who have:
- strong work ethic
- motivation for self-improvement
- curiosity about the world
- compassion and respect for others
- a sense of humor
- the ability to learn independence and responsibility
- a willingness to participate in all levels of our community
- the ability to manage a rigorous schedule
- a minimum of 2 years prior race experience
Well-rounded individuals who are committed and dedicated to both their academic and athletic pursuits are best suited for this program. Although we recommend that applicants be strong students, the nature of the program has led to successes on a number of fronts including academic confidence and improved learning skills. We pride ourselves on encouraging and supporting each student’s interests beyond education and competition.
To be considered for admission, we require a completed Application in addition to the following:
- Coach Recommendation. If applicants have not been previously involved with the Mt. Mansfield Ski Club, we ask current coaches to comment in writing on athletes’ on-snow characteristics, and provide insight on racing/competition history and potential. We request that applicants have at least 2 years race/competition experience.
- Academic Recommendation. We are a unique program which demands a significant amount of self-discipline and mature study habits. We ask a teacher or guidance counselor to comment on how applicants exemplify these traits.
- Academic Records. An official transcript of the student’s most recent two semesters is also requested.
For a student to be considered for admission, all completed materials must be returned to us by April 15th. The Admission Committee meets in May and students will be notified in writing of application decisions by May 15th.
The Application Packet for 2019/2020 will be available here in Fall 2018.